The Worcestershire Soldier exhibition tells the story of the men of our county Regiments from 1694 to the present. These soldiers lived and sometimes died in the defence of the country and its interests overseas. Using archive film, memories and the unique collections of The Worcestershire Regiment and Worcestershire Yeomanry, this display brings over 300 years of military history to life.
- Marvel at the achievements of the men and their journeys overseas.
- Try on uniforms and discover how heavy soldiers’ equipment was to carry.
- Listen to soldiers’ tales of battle and bravery.
- Discover the regimental traces that can be seen around Worcester City today
- Begin your researches into the history of families linked with the regiments.
- Find out about the wives and children left to guard the Worcester Home Front during World War 2.
Uncover the harsh conditions, disease and discipline endured by soldiers in the 19th century.
We look forward to seeing you!
The Worcestershire Soldier is run by the Mercian Regiment Museum (Worcestershire) Trust and we are a Registered Charity no 276510
The Museum welcomes donations, however small. They are the lifeblood on which the Museum depends for its financial well-being. To make a one-off payment donate via our Paypal account.
For more information about the Museum Trust please click here.